It is currently Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:23 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: MOT passed, now for reluctant sale
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:10 am 
Club Member

Hi all, recently passed MOT (thanks to Chris and his alien technology/wizardry getting rid of the ESP warning - needs a new comms unit).

Now the sad news, for me, is it's time for change. My son has reached the grand old age of 17 and despite the current restrictions is in the process of lessons/theory/test so I expect him to be a danger to himself by late summer. This will trigger a chain reaction of a) me laughing at the cost to insure him on my car, b) him claiming our 2nd car as his own at weekends, and c) the wife pecking my head until I accept defeat and buy us a family type 5 door anonymous thing on wheels.

Not in a hurry to sell, just putting it up here (I think the 'for sale' section has gone?), and am happy to take enquiries.
D9, 210bhp, sat grey, black leather. Well cared for/fixed when needed, great runner, 124k. It'll need the cambelt sometime soon - 2nd round of 10years - born Jan '02 on a 51 plate. Further details on request, solid example with no known issues. I know I'll get far less for it than it's really worth to us as enthusiasts but realistically it's a niche car that I'm unlikely to sell on autotrader.

If anyone hears of a potential new owner on other threads feel free to point them at me.

Cheers all, and keep the 406 coupé flag flying high X