It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:50 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hyperion Blue D9 V6 manual
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:55 am 
Forum User

**DEPOSIT RECEIVED - SALE PENDING**

Unfortunately come to a crossroads with my much loved V6. It's not worth much, it's got nearlyr 120k on the clock, it needs some work for the next MOT, and, crucially, my wife hates it for some reason and refuses to get in any more (some female logic about "big heavy doors" or something).

So it's for sale. If I can't get £500 I'll stick it in storage for some time in the future as a project in case that dream low mileage minter never turns up in the classifieds.

So;

Details: 2003, Hyperion blue & black leather. Lots of history, had a new clutch at 90-odd thousand by main dealer.

Interior and faults: not bad generally, wear to the drivers bolster piping, heated seat on drivers side doesn't work, break in door wire so can't take passenger window up from drivers side (identified thin grey wire, just not got around to finding break). MFD display has only just lost a few lines.

Bodywork and faults:
No rust, pretty good for most people and great from 10 paces but I am fussy. Odd few dings but paint itself is excellent
. Worst is passenger side rear quarter which has loosened the side strip. This is probably the only bit that could not be repaired by a paintless dent guy.

Engine and running gear: Usual tappety noise from startup, cured with a throttle blip. Resealed sump pan, no drips. Top engine mount clonking needs replacing. Hoggars replaced with starfish, unused Hoggar spare. Tyres MOT passable but all 4 will need replacing very soon as rears are old and fronts wearing rapidly. Handbrake cables are new all way back, but still don't hold very well in reverse; needs adjusting by someone better than me. The single worst thing about the car, since fitting new discs and pads the brakes squeel like pigs on honeymoon. Both calipers need rebuilding or replacing

I am being hyper critical in the above description, as it really is a nice car but economics plus other domestic factors are against it. It drives beautifully, handles like a GTi, and for me gets 30mpg everywhere, more on a run. The fact the check engine light/pollution warning light and occasionally airbag warning light comes on would put off uninformed punters, but you and I know these do nothing to affect the car's running! It's far too good to sell for breaking, so none of that please.

Any enquiries let me know by PM or on 07980 394618. Car is in Durham NE England. I can email pics in the short term, but will try and get a batch uploaded to Flickr or something.